324.1110. 1. (1) The board shall require as a condition of licensure as a private investigator that the applicant pass a written examination as evidence of knowledge of investigator rules and regulations.
(2) In the event requirements have been met so that testing has been waived, qualification shall be dependent on a showing of, for the two previous years:
(a) Registration and good standing as a business in this state; and
(b) Two hundred fifty thousand dollars in business general liability insurance.
(3) The board may review applicants seeking reciprocity. An applicant seeking reciprocity shall have undergone a licensing procedure similar to that required by this state and shall meet this state's minimum insurance requirements.
2. The board shall require as a condition of licensure as a private fire investigator that the applicant:
(1) Provide evidence of active certification as a fire investigator issued by the division of fire safety; and
(2) Provide proof of liability insurance with coverage of at least one million dollars.
3. The board shall conduct a complete investigation of the background of each applicant for licensure as a private investigator or private fire investigator to determine whether the applicant is qualified for licensure under sections 324.1100 to 324.1148. The board shall outline basic qualification requirements for licensing as a private investigator, private investigator agency, private fire investigator, and private fire investigator agency.
(L. 2007 H.B. 780 merged with S.B. 308, A.L. 2010 H.B. 2226, et al., A.L. 2011 H.B. 464)
Missouri General Assembly