337.507. 1. Applications for examination and licensure as a professional counselor shall be in writing, submitted to the division on forms prescribed by the division and furnished to the applicant. The application shall contain the applicant's statements showing his education, experience and such other information as the division may require. Each application shall contain a statement that it is made under oath or affirmation and that the information contained therein is true and correct to the best knowledge and belief of the applicant, subject to the penalties provided for the making of a false affidavit or declaration. Each application shall be accompanied by the fees required by the committee.
2. The division shall mail a renewal notice to the last known address of each licensee prior to the registration renewal date. Failure to provide the division with the information required for registration, or to pay the registration fee after such notice shall effect a revocation of the license after a period of sixty days from the registration renewal date. The license shall be restored if, within two years of the registration date, the applicant provides written application and the payment of the registration fee and a delinquency fee.
3. A new certificate to replace any certificate lost, destroyed or mutilated may be issued subject to the rules of the committee, upon payment of a fee.
4. The committee shall set the amount of the fees which sections 337.500 to 337.540 authorize and require by rules and regulations promulgated pursuant to section 536.021. The fees shall be set at a level to produce revenue which shall not substantially exceed the cost and expense of administering the provisions of sections 337.500 to 337.540. All fees provided for in sections 337.500 to 337.540 shall be collected by the director who shall deposit the same with the state treasurer in a fund to be known as the "Committee of Professional Counselors Fund".
5. The provisions of section 33.080 to the contrary notwithstanding, money in this fund shall not be transferred and placed to the credit of general revenue until the amount in the fund at the end of the biennium exceeds two times the amount of the appropriation from the committee's fund for the preceding fiscal year or, if the committee requires by rule renewal less frequently than yearly then three times the appropriation from the committee's fund for the preceding fiscal year. The amount, if any, in the fund which shall lapse is that amount in the fund which exceeds the appropriate multiple of the appropriations from the committee's fund for the preceding fiscal year.
6. The committee shall hold public examinations at least two times per year, at such times and places as may be fixed by the committee, notice of such examinations to be given to each applicant at least ten days prior thereto.
(L. 1985 S.B. 37 § 3, A.L. 1989 H.B. 738 & 720, A.L. 2004 S.B. 1122)
Missouri General Assembly