337.520. 1. The division shall promulgate rules and regulations pertaining to:
(1) The form and content of license applications required by the provisions of sections 337.500 to 337.540 and the procedures for filing an application for an initial or renewal license in this state;
(2) Fees required by the provisions of sections 337.500 to 337.540;
(3) The content, conduct and administration of the licensing examination required by section 337.510;
(4) The characteristics of "acceptable supervised counseling experience" as that term is used in section 337.510;
(5) The equivalent of the basic educational requirements set forth in section 337.510;
(6) The standards and methods to be used in assessing competency as a professional counselor;
(7) Establishment and promulgation of procedures for investigating, hearing and determining grievances and violations occurring under the provisions of sections 337.500 to 337.540;
(8) Development of an appeal procedure for the review of decisions and rules of administrative agencies existing under the constitution or laws of this state;
(9) Establishment of a policy and procedure for reciprocity with other states, including states which do not have counselor licensing laws or states whose licensing laws are not substantially the same as those of this state;
(10) The characteristics of "an acceptable educational institution" as that term is used in section 337.510;
(11) The characteristics of an acceptable agent for the certification of an exempted occupation as listed in subdivisions (11) and (13) of section 337.505; and
(12) The form and content of "ethical standards for counselors" as that term is used in subdivision (15) of subsection 2 of section 337.525.
2. No rule or portion of a rule promulgated under the authority of sections 337.500 to 337.545 shall become effective unless it has been promulgated pursuant to the provisions of section 536.024.
(L. 1985 S.B. 37 § 6, A.L. 1989 H.B. 738 & 720, A.L. 1993 S.B. 52, A.L. 1995 S.B. 3)
Missouri General Assembly