337.645. 1. Each applicant for licensure as an advanced macro social worker shall furnish evidence to the committee that:
(1) The applicant has a master's degree from a college or university program of social work accredited by the council of social work education or a doctorate degree from a school of social work acceptable to the committee;
(2) The applicant has completed three thousand hours of supervised advanced macro experience with a qualified advanced macro supervisor as defined in section 337.600 in no less than twenty-four months and no more than forty-eight consecutive calendar months;
(3) The applicant has achieved a passing score, as defined by the committee, on an examination approved by the committee. The eligibility requirements for such examination shall be promulgated by rule of the committee;
(4) The applicant is at least eighteen years of age, is of good moral character, is a United States citizen or has status as a legal resident alien, and has not been convicted of a felony during the ten years immediately prior to application for licensure.
2. Any person holding a current license, certificate of registration, or permit from another state or territory of the United States or the District of Columbia to practice advanced macro social work who has had no disciplinary action taken against the license, certificate of registration, or permit for the preceding five years may be granted a license to practice advanced macro social work in this state if the person meets one of the following criteria:
(1) Has received a master's or doctoral degree from a college or university program of social work accredited by the council of social work education and has been licensed to practice advanced macro social work for the preceding five years; or
(2) Is currently licensed or certified as an advanced macro social worker in another state, territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia having substantially the same requirements as this state for advanced macro social workers.
3. The committee shall issue a license to each person who files an application and fee as required by the provisions of sections 337.600 to 337.689 and who furnishes evidence satisfactory to the committee that the applicant has complied with the provisions of subdivisions (1) to (4) of subsection 1 of this section or with the provisions of subsection 2 of this section.
(L. 2007 H.B. 780 merged with S.B. 308)
Missouri General Assembly