337.665. 1. Each applicant for licensure as a baccalaureate social worker shall furnish evidence to the committee that:
(1) The applicant has a baccalaureate degree in social work from an accredited social work degree program approved by the council of social work education;
(2) The applicant has achieved a passing score, as defined by the committee, on an examination approved by the committee. The eligibility requirements for such examination shall be determined by the state committee for social work;
(3) The applicant is at least eighteen years of age, is of good moral character, is a United States citizen or has status as a legal resident alien, and has not been convicted of a felony during the ten years immediately prior to application for licensure;
(4) The applicant has submitted a written application on forms prescribed by the state board;
(5) The applicant has submitted the required licensing fee, as determined by the committee.
2. Any applicant who answers in the affirmative to any question on the application that relates to possible grounds for denial of licensure pursuant to section 337.630 shall submit a sworn affidavit setting forth in detail the facts which explain such answer and copies of appropriate documents related to such answer.
3. Any person holding a valid unrevoked and unexpired license, certificate or registration from another state or territory of the United States having substantially the same requirements as this state for baccalaureate social workers may be granted a license to engage in the person's occupation in this state upon application to the committee accompanied by the appropriate fee as established by the committee pursuant to section 337.612.
4. The committee shall issue a license to each person who files an application and fee as required by the provisions of sections 337.600 to 337.689 and who furnishes evidence satisfactory to the committee that the applicant has complied with the provisions of subsection 1 of this section or with the provisions of subsection 2 of this section.
5. The committee shall issue a certificate to practice independently under subsection 3 of section 337.653 to any licensed baccalaureate social worker who has satisfactorily completed three thousand hours of supervised experience with a qualified baccalaureate supervisor in no less than twenty-four months and no more than forty-eight consecutive calendar months.
(L. 2001 H.B. 567, A.L. 2004 S.B. 1122, A.L. 2007 H.B. 780 merged with S.B. 308)
Missouri General Assembly