359.091. 1. In order to form a limited partnership, a certificate of limited partnership shall be executed and filed in the office of the secretary of state. The certificate shall set forth:
(1) The name of the limited partnership;
(2) The address of the registered office and the name of the registered agent at such office;
(3) The name and the mailing address of each general partner;
(4) The events, if any on which the limited partnership is to dissolve or the number of years the limited partnership is to continue, which may be any number or perpetual;
(5) Any other matters the general partners determine to include therein.
2. A limited partnership is formed at the time of the filing of the certificate of limited partnership in the office of the secretary of state or at any other time specified in the certificate of limited partnership if, in either case, there has been substantial compliance with the requirements of this section.
(L. 1985 H.B. 512 & 650, A.L. 1990 H.B. 1432, A.L. 2000 S.B. 896)
Missouri General Assembly