376.782. 1. As used in this section, the term "low-dose mammography screening" means the X-ray examination of the breast using equipment specifically designed and dedicated for mammography, including the X-ray tube, filter, compression device, films, and cassettes, with an average radiation exposure delivery of less than one rad mid-breast, with two views for each breast, and any fee charged by a radiologist or other physician for reading, interpreting or diagnosing based on such X-ray.
2. All individual and group health insurance policies providing coverage on an expense-incurred basis, individual and group service or indemnity type contracts issued by a nonprofit corporation, individual and group service contracts issued by a health maintenance organization, all self-insured group arrangements to the extent not preempted by federal law and all managed health care delivery entities of any type or description, that are delivered, issued for delivery, continued or renewed on or after August 28, 1991, and providing coverage to any resident of this state shall provide benefits or coverage for low-dose mammography screening for any nonsymptomatic woman covered under such policy or contract which meets the minimum requirements of this section. Such benefits or coverage shall include at least the following:
(1) A baseline mammogram for women age thirty-five to thirty-nine, inclusive;
(2) A mammogram for women age forty to forty-nine, inclusive, every two years or more frequently based on the recommendation of the patient's physician;
(3) A mammogram every year for women age fifty and over;
(4) A mammogram for any woman, upon the recommendation of a physician, where such woman, her mother or her sister has a prior history of breast cancer.
3. Coverage and benefits related to mammography as required by this section shall be at least as favorable and subject to the same dollar limits, deductibles, and co-payments as other radiological examinations.
(L. 1990 S.B. 742 § 1, A.L. 1991 H.B. 385, et al., A.L. 1995 S.B. 27)
Mammography and other services also required coverage, 376.995
Missouri General Assembly