376.1250. 1. All individual and group health insurance policies providing coverage on an expense-incurred basis, individual and group service or indemnity type contracts issued by a nonprofit corporation, individual and group service contracts issued by a health maintenance organization, all self-insured group arrangements to the extent not preempted by federal law and all managed health care delivery entities of any type or description, that are delivered, issued for delivery, continued or renewed on or after August 28, 1999, and providing coverage to any resident of this state shall provide benefits or coverage for:
(1) A pelvic examination and pap smear for any nonsymptomatic woman covered under such policy or contract, in accordance with the current American Cancer Society guidelines;
(2) A prostate examination and laboratory tests for cancer for any nonsymptomatic man covered under such policy or contract, in accordance with the current American Cancer Society guidelines; and
(3) A colorectal cancer examination and laboratory tests for cancer for any nonsymptomatic person covered under such policy or contract, in accordance with the current American Cancer Society guidelines.
2. Coverage and benefits related to the examinations and tests as required by this section shall be at least as favorable and subject to the same dollar limits, deductible, and co-payments as other covered benefits or services.
3. Nothing in this act shall apply to accident-only, hospital indemnity, Medicare supplement, long-term care, or other limited benefit health insurance policies.
4. The provisions of this section shall not apply to short-term major medical policies of six months or less duration.
5. The attending physician shall advise the patient of the advantages, disadvantages, and risks, including cancer, associated with breast implantation prior to such operation.
6. Nothing in this section shall alter, impair or otherwise affect claims, rights or remedies available pursuant to law.
(L. 1999 H.B. 191 § 1, A.L. 2011 H.B. 388)
Missouri General Assembly