453.014. 1. The following persons may place a minor for adoption:
(1) The children's division of the department of social services;
(2) A child placing agency licensed pursuant to sections 210.481 to 210.536;
(3) The child's parents, without the direct or indirect assistance of an intermediary, in the home of a relative of the child within the third degree;
(4) An intermediary, which shall include an attorney licensed pursuant to chapter 484; a physician licensed pursuant to chapter 334; or a clergyman of the parents.
2. All persons granted the authority to place a minor child for adoption as designated in subdivision (1), (2) or (4) of subsection 1 of this section shall comply with the rules and regulations promulgated by the department of social services and the department of health and senior services for such placement.
3. The children's division of the department of social services and the department of health and senior services shall promulgate rules and regulations regarding the placement of a minor for adoption.
4. No rule or portion of a rule promulgated under the authority of this section shall become effective unless it has been promulgated pursuant to the provisions of section 536.024.
(L. 1989 H.B. 51, A.L. 1997 H.B. 343, A.L. 2014 H.B. 1299 Revision)
Missouri General Assembly