560.016. 1. Except as otherwise provided for an offense outside this code, a person who has been convicted of a misdemeanor or infraction may be sentenced to pay a fine which does not exceed:
(1) For a class A misdemeanor, one thousand dollars;
(2) For a class B misdemeanor, five hundred dollars;
(3) For a class C misdemeanor, three hundred dollars;
(4) For an infraction, two hundred dollars.
2. In lieu of a fine imposed under subsection 1, a person who has been convicted of a misdemeanor or infraction through which he derived "gain" as defined in section 560.011, may be sentenced to a fine which does not exceed double the amount of gain from the commission of the offense. An individual offender may be fined not more than twenty thousand dollars under this provision.
(L. 1977 S.B. 60)
Missouri General Assembly