566.111. 1. A person commits the crime of unlawful sex with an animal if that person engages in sexual conduct with an animal or engages in sexual conduct with an animal for commercial or recreational purposes.
2. Unlawful sex with an animal is a class A misdemeanor unless the defendant has previously been convicted under this section, in which case the crime is a class D felony.
3. In addition to any penalty imposed or as a condition of probation the court may:
(1) Prohibit the defendant from harboring animals or residing in any household where animals are present during the period of probation or if probation is not granted for a period of time not to exceed two years after the defendant's sentence is completed;
(2) Order all animals in the defendant's possession subject to a civil forfeiture action under chapter 513; or
(3) Order psychological evaluation and counseling of the defendant at the defendant's expense.
4. Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit generally accepted animal husbandry, farming and ranching practices or generally accepted veterinary medical practices.
5. For purposes of this section, the following terms mean:
(1) "Animal", every creature, either alive or dead, other than a human being;
(2) "Sexual conduct with an animal", any touching of an animal with the genitals or any touching of the genitals or anus of an animal for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the person's sexual desire.
(L. 2002 S.B. 969, et al.)
Missouri General Assembly