570.140. 1. A person commits the crime of deceptive business practice if in the course of engaging in a business, occupation or profession, he recklessly
(1) Uses or possesses for use a false weight or measure, or any other device for falsely determining or recording any quality or quantity; or
(2) Sells, offers or exposes for sale, or delivers less than the represented quantity of any commodity or service; or
(3) Takes or attempts to take more than the represented quantity of any commodity or service when as buyer he furnishes the weight or measure; or
(4) Sells, offers or exposes for sale adulterated or mislabeled commodities; or
(5) Makes a false or misleading written statement for the purpose of obtaining property or credit.
2. Deceptive business practice is a class A misdemeanor.
(L. 1977 S.B. 60)
Missouri General Assembly