571.063. 1. As used in this section the following terms shall mean:
(1) "Ammunition", any cartridge, shell, or projectile designed for use in a firearm;
(2) "Licensed dealer", a person who is licensed under 18 U.S.C. Section 923 to engage in the business of dealing in firearms;
(3) "Materially false information", any information that portrays an illegal transaction as legal or a legal transaction as illegal;
(4) "Private seller", a person who sells or offers for sale any firearm, as defined in section 571.010, or ammunition.
2. A person commits the crime of fraudulent purchase of a firearm if such person:
(1) Knowingly solicits, persuades, encourages or entices a licensed dealer or private seller of firearms or ammunition to transfer a firearm or ammunition under circumstances which the person knows would violate the laws of this state or the United States; or
(2) Provides to a licensed dealer or private seller of firearms or ammunition what the person knows to be materially false information with intent to deceive the dealer or seller about the legality of a transfer of a firearm or ammunition; or
(3) Willfully procures another to violate the provisions of subdivision (1) or (2) of this subsection.
3. Fraudulent purchase of a firearm is a class D felony.
4. This section shall not apply to criminal investigations conducted by the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, authorized agents of such investigations, or to a peace officer, as defined in section 542.261, acting at the explicit direction of the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(L. 2011 H.B. 294, et al.)
Missouri General Assembly