577.051. 1. A record of the disposition in any court proceeding involving a violation of any of the provisions of sections 577.005* to 577.023, or violation of county or municipal ordinances involving alcohol- or drug-related driving offenses shall be forwarded to the department of revenue, within seven days by the clerk of the court in which the proceeding was held. The records shall be forwarded by the department of revenue within fifteen days of receipt to the Missouri state highway patrol and shall be entered by the highway patrol in the Missouri uniform law enforcement system records. Dispositions that shall be reported are pleas of guilty, findings of guilty, suspended imposition of sentence, suspended execution of sentence, probation, conditional sentences, sentences of confinement, and any other such dispositions that may be required under state or federal regulations. The record forwarded by the clerk shall clearly show the court, the court case number, the name, address, and motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license number of the person who is the subject of the proceeding, the code or number identifying the particular arrest, and any court action or requirements pertaining thereto.
2. All records received by the Missouri state highway patrol or the department of revenue under the provisions of this section shall be entered in the Missouri uniform law enforcement system records and maintained by the Missouri state highway patrol. Records placed in the Missouri uniform law enforcement system under the provisions of this section shall be made available to any law enforcement officer in this state, any prosecuting or circuit attorney in this state, or to any judge of a municipal or state court upon request.
3. Any person required by this section to furnish records to the Missouri state highway patrol or department of revenue who willfully refuses to furnish such records is guilty of a class C misdemeanor.
4. Records required to be filed with the Missouri state highway patrol or the department of revenue under the provisions of sections 302.225 and 577.001 to 577.051 shall be filed beginning July 1, 1983, and no penalties for nonfiling of records shall be applied prior to July 1, 1983.
5. Forms and procedures for filing of records with the Missouri state highway patrol or department of revenue as required in this chapter shall be promulgated by the director of the department of public safety or department of revenue, as applicable, and approved by the Missouri supreme court.
6. All record-keeping procedures required under the provisions of sections 577.005* to 577.023 shall be in accordance with this section, chapter 610 to the contrary notwithstanding.
(L. 1982 S.B. 513, A.L. 1995 S.B. 3, A.L. 1997 S.B. 248, A.L. 2003 H.B. 613 merged with S.B. 468, A.L. 2007 H.B. 574)
*Section 577.005 was repealed by S.B. 276 § 1, 1983.
Missouri General Assembly