620.558. 1. The Missouri youth service and conservation corps shall consist of the following programs:
(1) A year-round community services and conservation program for young adults;
(2) A summer employment program;
(3) A volunteer program for youths.
2. In selecting participants for the youth service and conservation corps, the director of the division shall give preference to persons who are high school dropouts and who are at risk of not graduating from high school. The director may segregate programs and funds to serve such persons to enhance the efficiency of administering any federal Workforce Investment Act funds which are available to the youth service and conservation corps.
3. Residents of both urban and rural areas of the state shall be eligible to apply to participate in the youth service and conservation corps. No person who has been convicted of a felony within the previous two years shall be eligible to participate in the youth service and conservation corps. Participants shall be unemployed at the time of their enrollment.
(L. 1990 H.B. 1653 § 16, A.L. 2014 H.B. 1299 Revision)
Missouri General Assembly