640.153. 1. As used in this section, the following terms mean:
(1) "Applicant", an entity that applies to the department for certification as a qualified home energy auditor;
(2) "Department", the department of natural resources;
(3) "Qualified home energy audit", a home energy audit conducted by an entity certified by the department as a qualified home energy auditor, the purpose of which is to provide energy efficiency recommendations that will reduce the energy use or the utility costs, or both, of a residential or commercial building;
(4) "Qualified home energy auditor", an applicant who has met the certification requirements established by the department and whose certification has been approved by the department.
2. The department shall develop criteria and requirements for certification of qualified home energy auditors. Any applicant shall provide the department with an application, documentation, or other information as the department may require. The department may establish periodic requirements for qualified home energy auditors to maintain certification.
3. The department shall provide successful applicants with written notice that the applicant meets the certification requirements.
(L. 2008 S.B. 1181, et al.)
Missouri General Assembly