105.266. 1. Any employee of the state of Missouri, its departments or agencies shall be granted a leave of absence for the time specified for the following purposes:
(1) Five workdays to serve as a bone marrow donor if the employee provides his or her employer with written verification that he or she is to serve as a bone marrow donor;
(2) Thirty workdays to serve as a human organ donor if the employee provides his or her employer with written verification that he or she is to serve as a human organ donor.
2. An employee who is granted a leave of absence pursuant to this section shall receive his or her base state pay without interruption during the leave of absence. For purposes of determining seniority, pay or pay advancement and performance awards and for the receipt of any benefit that may be affected by a leave of absence, the service of the employee shall be considered uninterrupted by the leave of absence.
3. The employer shall not penalize an employee for requesting or obtaining a leave of absence according to this section.
4. The leave authorized by this section may be requested by the employee only if the employee is the person who is serving as the donor.
(L. 2001 H.B. 679)
Missouri General Assembly