143.1016. 1. For all tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2011, each individual or corporation entitled to a tax refund in an amount sufficient to make a designation under this section may designate that two dollars or any amount in excess of two dollars on a single return, and four dollars or any amount in excess of four dollars on a combined return, of the refund due be credited to the organ donor program fund established in section 194.297. The contribution designation authorized by this section shall be clearly and unambiguously printed on each income tax return form provided by this state. If any individual that is not entitled to a tax refund in an amount sufficient to make a designation under this section wishes to make a contribution to the organ donor program fund, such individual may, by separate check, draft, or other negotiable instrument, send in with the payment of taxes, or may send in separately, clearly designated for the organ donor program fund, the amount the individual wishes to contribute. The department of revenue shall deposit such amount to the organ donor program fund as provided in subsection 2 of this section.
2. The director of revenue shall transfer at least monthly all contributions designated by individuals under this section, less an amount sufficient to cover the cost of collecting and handling by the department of revenue which shall not exceed five percent of the transferred contributions, to the state treasurer for deposit in the state treasury to the credit of the organ donor program fund. A contribution designated under this section shall only be transferred and deposited in the organ donor program fund after all other claims against the refund from which such contribution is to be made have been satisfied.
3. All moneys transferred to the fund shall be distributed as provided in this section and sections 194.297 and 194.299.
4. Under section 23.253 of the Missouri sunset act:
(1) The provisions of the new program authorized under this section shall automatically sunset on December thirty-first six years after August 28, 2011, unless reauthorized by an act of the general assembly; and
(2) If such program is reauthorized, the program authorized under this section shall automatically sunset on December thirty-first twelve years after the effective date of the reauthorization of this section; and
(3) This section shall terminate on September first of the calendar year immediately following the calendar year in which the program authorized under this section is sunset.
(L. 2011 H.B. 151 merged with S.B. 226)
Sunset date 12-31-17
Termination date 9-01-18
Missouri General Assembly