162.1195. 1. Beginning in fiscal year 2013, the office of quality schools within the department of elementary and secondary education may ensure that each regional professional development center in the state provides professional development educational assistance for fine arts.
2. The emphasis may include the following:
(1) To act as a resource for school districts under the regional office of professional development with regard to fine arts education, as delivered by certified arts specialists, and the integration of the arts into non-arts curricula;
(2) To work with school districts in staff development and curriculum issues related to fine arts education and fine arts integration;
(3) To collaborate with regional office of professional development personnel and other regional personnel associated with the regional office of professional development;
(4) To coordinate services available from other entities involved in fine arts education and fine arts integration;
(5) To assist and support local school districts in providing fine arts education and the integration of the fine arts; and
(6) To contribute to the development and implementation of in-service training, regionally and statewide, which responds to the needs of arts specialists, and other educators pertaining to the needs of Missouri students in fine arts and the integration of the arts.
(L. 2011 S.B. 81)
Missouri General Assembly