167.183. 1. Information and records pertaining to the immunization status of persons against childhood diseases as required by section 167.181 and section 210.003 may be disclosed and exchanged without a parent's or guardian's written release authorizing such disclosure, to the following, who need to know such information to assure compliance with state statutes or to achieve age-appropriate immunization status for children:
(1) Employees of public agencies, departments and political subdivisions;
(2) Health records staff of school districts and child care facilities;
(3) Persons other than public employees who are entrusted with the regular care of those under the care and custody of a state agency including, but not limited to, operators of day care facilities, group homes, residential care facilities and adoptive or foster parents;
(4) Health care professionals.
2. If any person, authorized in subsection 1 of this section, discloses such information for any other purpose, it is an unauthorized release of confidential information and the person shall be liable for civil damages.
(L. 1992 S.B. 611)
Missouri General Assembly