191.609. 1. The department shall enter into a contract with each individual qualifying for repayment of educational loans. The written contract between the department and an individual shall contain, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) An agreement that the state agrees to pay on behalf of the individual loans in accordance with section 191.611 and the individual agrees to serve for a time period equal to two years, or such longer period as the individual may agree to, in an area of defined need, such service period to begin within one year of the signed contract;
(2) A provision that any financial obligations arising out of a contract entered into and any obligation of the individual which is conditioned thereon is contingent upon funds being appropriated for loan repayments;
(3) The area of defined need where the person will practice;
(4) A statement of the damages to which the state is entitled for the individual's breach of the contract;
(5) Such other statements of the rights and liabilities of the department and of the individual not inconsistent with sections 191.600 to 191.615.
2. The department may stipulate specific practice sites contingent upon department generated health care professional need priorities where applicants shall agree to practice for the duration of their participation in the program.
(L. 1988 H.B. 1380 § 5, A.L. 2001 H.B. 567 merged with S.B. 393)
Missouri General Assembly