192.935. 1. There is hereby created in the state treasury the "Blindness Education, Screening and Treatment Program Fund". The fund shall consist of moneys donated pursuant to subsection 7 of section 301.020 and subsection 3 of section 302.171. Unexpended balances in the fund at the end of any fiscal year shall not be transferred to the general revenue fund or any other fund, the provisions of section 33.080 to the contrary notwithstanding.
2. Subject to the availability of funds in the blindness education, screening and treatment program fund, the department shall develop a blindness education, screening and treatment program to provide blindness prevention education and to provide screening and treatment for persons who do not have adequate coverage for such services under a health benefit plan.
3. The program shall provide for:
(1) Public education about blindness and other eye conditions;
(2) Screenings and eye examinations to identify conditions that may cause blindness;
(3) Treatment procedures necessary to prevent blindness; and
(4) Any additional costs for vision examinations under section 167.195 that are not covered by existing public health insurance. Subject to appropriations, moneys from the fund shall be used to pay for those additional costs, provided that the costs do not exceed ninety-nine thousand dollars per year. Payment from the fund for vision examinations under section 167.195 shall not exceed the allowable state Medicaid reimbursement amount for vision examinations.
4. The department may contract for program development with any department-approved nonprofit organization dealing with regional and community blindness education, eye donor and vision treatment services.
5. The department may adopt rules to prescribe eligibility requirements for the program.
6. No rule or portion of a rule promulgated pursuant to the authority of this section shall become effective unless it has been promulgated pursuant to the provisions of chapter 536.
(L. 2000 S.B. 721 § 192.936, A.L. 2007 S.B. 16)
Missouri General Assembly