194.230. 1. Subject to section 194.240, a donor or other person authorized to make an anatomical gift under section 194.220 may amend or revoke an anatomical gift by:
(1) A record signed by:
(a) The donor;
(b) The other person; or
(c) Subject to subsection 2 of this section, another individual acting at the direction of the donor or the other person if the donor or other person is physically unable to sign; or
(2) A later-executed document of gift that amends or revokes a previous anatomical gift or portion of an anatomical gift, either expressly or by inconsistency.
2. A record signed under paragraph (c) of subdivision (1) of subsection 1 of this section shall:
(1) Be witnessed by at least two adults at least one of whom is a disinterested witness, who have signed at the request of the donor or the other person; and
(2) State that it has been signed and witnessed as provided in subdivision (1) of this subsection.
3. Subject to section 194.240, a donor or other person authorized to make an anatomical gift under section 194.220 may revoke the gift by the destruction or cancellation of the document of gift, or a portion of the document of gift used to make the gift, with the intent to revoke the gift.
4. A donor may amend or revoke an anatomical gift that was not made in a will by any form of communication during a terminal illness or injury addressed to at least two adults at least one of whom is a disinterested witness.
5. A donor who makes an anatomical gift in a will may amend or revoke the gift in the manner provided for amendment or revocation of wills or as provided in subsection 1 of this section.
(L. 1969 S.B. 43 § 3, A.L. 2002 S.B. 1026, A.L. 2008 S.B. 1139)
Missouri General Assembly