208.533. 1. There is hereby established a twenty-member "Commission on the Special Health, Psychological and Social Needs of Minority Older Individuals" under the department of health and senior services. The commission shall consist of the following members:
(1) The directors of the departments of health and senior services, mental health and social services or their designees;
(2) The directors of the office of minority health and the department of health and senior services who shall serve as cochairs of the commission;
(3) Two members of the Missouri house of representatives, one from each major political party represented in the house of representatives, appointed by the speaker of the house who shall serve in a nonvoting, advisory capacity;
(4) Two members of the senate, one from each major political party represented in the senate, appointed by the president pro tem of the senate who shall serve in a nonvoting, advisory capacity;
(5) A representative of the office of the lieutenant governor who shall serve in a nonvoting, advisory capacity; and
(6) Ten individuals appointed by the governor with the advice and consent of the senate who are currently working in the field of minority elderly health, psychological or social problems who have demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following areas: treatment of cardiovascular, cancer and diabetic conditions; nutrition; community-based health services; legal services; elderly consumer advocacy; gerontology or geriatrics; social work and other related services including housing. At least two of the individuals appointed by the governor shall be minority older individuals. The members appointed by the governor shall be residents of Missouri. Any vacancy on the commission shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment.
2. Members appointed by the governor shall serve for three-year terms. Other members, except legislative members, shall serve for as long as they hold the position which made them eligible for appointment. Legislative members shall serve during their current term of office but may be reappointed.
3. Members of the commission shall not be compensated for their services, but shall be reimbursed for actual and necessary expenses incurred in the performance of their duties. The office of administration and the departments of health and senior services, mental health and social services shall provide such support as the commission requires to aid it in the performance of its duties.
(L. 1994 S.B. 480, A.L. 1995 H.B. 502, A.L. 1999 S.B. 7, A.L. 2014 H.B. 1299 Revision)
Missouri General Assembly