256.410. 1. No major water user shall withdraw or divert water from any water source without filing an official registration document with the division. The registration document shall set forth:
(1) The name and mailing address of the applicant;
(2) The name, if any, and location of the water source;
(3) The type of water source (such as well, lake or stream);
(4) The point in the water source from which it is proposed to withdraw or divert the water;
(5) The name, location, and acreage of the lands or other application to which such water is to be diverted;
(6) The location and description of the water well, canal, tunnel or pipes and other works or equipment through which the water is to be withdrawn or diverted;
(7) The amount in gallons of water withdrawn or diverted on an average day of operation, and the number of days and the months during the preceding year, when water was diverted;
(8) The total amount in gallons withdrawn or diverted during the preceding year, and the periods of time when such diversion is scheduled during the current year. The foregoing requirements of this subsection shall not apply to water being pumped from mines and quarries and such water user shall only be required to set forth the quantity pumped from the mine and quarry at each point where it is pumped to the point to discharge and only the name of the stream into which any of the discharge is permitted to flow.
2. Withdrawal or diversion of water by major users may continue during the first calendar year after September 28, 1983, or after the initial date of their operation, at which time a registration document must be filed. The filing period shall extend from January first through March thirty-first. Withdrawal or diversion may continue during the filing period. Location data shall be given in terms of section, township and range.
(L. 1983 H.B. 271 § 3)
Missouri General Assembly