320.302. 1. Volunteer fire protection associations may respond to any emergency within its area regardless of whether the property owner or individual is a member of or subscriber to the association.
2. In responding to emergencies of nonmembers or nonsubscribers of the association, the association and its firefighters shall be subject to the same liabilities for claims for death or injury to persons or property as those subjected to when responding to emergencies of members or subscribers.
3. In responding to emergencies of nonmembers or nonsubscribers, the volunteer fire protection association may charge up to the following fees:
(1) One hundred dollars for responding to an emergency;
(2) Five hundred dollars for each hour or a proportional sum for each quarter hour spent in providing emergency services; plus
(3) An amount equal to one year's subscription or membership fees. No property owner or individual shall be liable for fees or charges under this subsection if said property owner or individual notifies the volunteer fire protection association in writing, prior to the occurrence of an emergency, not to respond to an emergency on or involving his property.
4. Upon payment of the charges and fees set forth in subsection 3 of this section, the property owner or individual shall be deemed to be a member or subscriber in good standing until membership or subscriber payments are again due as prescribed by association rules and regulations.
(L. 1986 H.B. 1418 § 2, A.L. 1998 S.B. 898)
Missouri General Assembly