589.426. 1. Any person required to register as a sexual offender under sections 589.400 to 589.425 shall be required on October thirty-first of each year to:
(1) Avoid all Halloween-related contact with children;
(2) Remain inside his or her residence between the hours of 5 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. unless required to be elsewhere for just cause, including but not limited to employment or medical emergencies;
(3) Post a sign at his or her residence stating, "No candy or treats at this residence"; and
(4) Leave all outside residential lighting off during the evening hours after 5 p.m.
2. Any person required to register as a sexual offender under sections 589.400 to 589.425 who violates the provisions of subsection 1 of this section shall be guilty of a class A misdemeanor.
(L. 2008 S.B. 714, et al.)
(2010) Section prohibiting convicted sex offenders from various actions on Halloween and requiring posted notices, as applied to person whose sex offense conviction predated the law's enactment, violated Article I, Section 13 provision prohibiting retrospective laws. F.R. v. St. Charles County Sheriff's Department, 301 S.W.3d 56 (Mo.banc).
Missouri General Assembly