622.600. 1. As used in sections 622.600 to 622.620, the following terms mean:
(1) "Division", the division of transportation within the department of economic development of this state, which, after June 30, 1997, is known as the "division of motor carrier and railroad safety";
(2) "Household goods", personal effects and property used or to be used in a dwelling when part of the equipment or supplies of such dwelling and similar property, if the transportation of such effects or property, is either arranged and paid for by the householder, including transportation of property from a factory or store when the property is purchased by the householder with intent to use in his or her dwelling, or arranged and paid for by another party. The term "household goods" shall not include personal property which when tendered to a motor carrier is crated or otherwise packaged to make it suitable for transportation by motor carriers of general commodities, freight or property;
(3) "Property carrier registration", a document issued by the division pursuant to sections 622.600 to 622.620 which identifies a person as a registered property carrier and qualifies that person to engage in the transportation by motor vehicle of property except household goods for hire or compensation in intrastate commerce on the public highways in this state;
(4) "Registered property carrier", a person who is entitled pursuant to subdivision (3) of this subsection to engage in the transportation by motor vehicle of property, except household goods, for hire or compensation in intrastate commerce on the public highways in this state. This term is included within the term "common carrier" as defined in section 390.020.
2. Notwithstanding any provisions of section 390.020, or this chapter, to the contrary, the provisions of this section which define words shall also apply to and determine the meaning of all words used in chapter 390 and this chapter. Except as otherwise provided in this section, or when the context clearly requires otherwise, the provisions of section 390.020 and this chapter, which define words shall also apply to and determine the meaning of words used in sections 622.600 to 622.620.
(L. 1996 S.B. 780 § 1)
Missouri General Assembly