630.015. 1. The state mental health commission shall appoint the director of the department by and with the advice and consent of the senate, and the director shall serve at the pleasure of the commission.
2. The commission shall advise the director of the department as to all phases of department practices in order to make them compatible with professional standards, including the following subjects:
(1) Care, treatment, habilitation and rehabilitation facilities and programs;
(2) Manpower recruitment, development and training;
(3) Medical and statistical records;
(4) Operational policies;
(5) Accessibility of services.
3. The commission shall advise the director in the initiation, approval and guidance of research projects and distribution of research funds.
4. The commission shall assist the director in establishing, maintaining and reviewing the best possible plans, practices, rules and regulations, facilities, programs and services which are operated, funded or licensed by the department.
(L. 1980 H.B. 1724)
Missouri General Assembly