643.230. 1. The director may deny, suspend or revoke any certification, accreditation or exemption status under sections 643.225 to 643.250 if the director finds that the applicant has:
(1) Fraudulently or deceptively obtained or attempted to obtain a certificate, or accreditation or exemption status;
(2) Failed at any time to meet the qualifications for certification, accreditation or exemption or to comply with any applicable provision or requirement of sections 643.225 to 643.250;
(3) Failed at any time to meet any applicable federal or state requirements for removal, encapsulation, enclosure or demolition of asbestos;
(4) Failed to provide proof of certification on the job site;
(5) Failed to meet the state of Missouri accreditation or exemption requirements for training programs.
2. Suspension of a certificate or exemption under this section may not be in effect for a period greater than ninety days. At the end of such period of time, the certificate or exemption shall be reinstated unless the director has revoked the certificate or exemption or the certificate has expired.
3. Upon denial, suspension, or revocation of certification, accreditation or exemption by the director, the applicant may appeal to the commission by filing notice of appeal with the commission within thirty days of the notice of denial, suspension or revocation. The commission shall hold a hearing at a time not more than sixty days after the date of request. If the commission determines that the applicant meets the requirements of section 643.225 and has not committed any violation indicated in section 643.225, 643.228, or in this section, and the rules promulgated thereto, the commission may issue certification, accreditation or exemption to the individual.
(L. 1989 H.B. 77, et al.)
Missouri General Assembly