643.237. 1. Any person undertaking an asbestos abatement project of a magnitude greater than or equal to one hundred sixty square feet, two hundred sixty linear feet, or thirty-five cubic feet or regulated demolition project shall meet the following requirements:
(1) The person shall submit an application for asbestos abatement or demolition to the department for review at least ten working days in advance. The application shall be in the form required by the department and shall include a copy of an asbestos inspection survey which includes but is not limited to sample analysis results, quantities of asbestos materials identified, and documentation the inspection was conducted by a certified asbestos inspector. Such application shall include the name and address of the applicant, a description of the proposed project and any other information as may be required by the commission and provide proof to the department that all employees engaged in an asbestos abatement project are in compliance with sections 643.225 and 643.228;
(2) Persons undertaking an asbestos abatement project shall notify the department within sixty days of the completion of the project in the form required by the department;
(3) Persons undertaking an emergency asbestos abatement project of this magnitude shall submit a notification to the department within twenty-four hours of the onset of the emergency. An application for permit to abate shall be submitted to the department within seven days of the onset of the emergency;
(4) A fee of one hundred dollars shall be paid for review of each demolition or asbestos abatement project notification of this magnitude;
(5) Any person undertaking an asbestos abatement or demolition project in the jurisdiction of an authorized local air pollution control agency shall be exempt from an application fee if the authorized local agency also imposes an application fee.
2. Any person who submits an asbestos abatement or demolition project notification to the department shall submit actual project dates and times for his project. If the dates and times are revised on this project as submitted to the department, the person is responsible to notify the department at least twenty-four hours prior to the original starting date of the project by telephone and then followup with a written amendment stating the change in date and time. If the person does not comply with this procedure, he shall be held in violation of the notification requirements found in this section. This requirement does not change the reporting requirements for notification, post notification and emergency projects specified in this section.
(L. 1989 H.B. 77, et al., A.L. 2011 H.B. 89)
Nonseverability clause, 640.099
Missouri General Assembly