701.043. 1. The state standard shall consist of the following:
(1) Site selection requirements;
(2) Minimum design standards and specifications for construction, installation, and size of sewage tanks and length of lateral lines;
(3) Permit requirements;
(4) Inspections of installations;
(5) Repairs to failing systems;
(6) Requiring an engineering design for areas with a percolation rate in excess of sixty minutes per inch; and
(7) Criteria for variances.
2. If a city, county or the department determines that an on-site sewage disposal system meets the requirements of the state standards, the city, county or department may not impose any additional requirement before such on-site sewage disposal system is approved for operation.
3. A city, county or the department shall inspect, in the aggregate, up to sixty percent of on-site sewage disposal systems constructed, modified or repaired by contractors registered under sections 701.053 to 701.055 and at least seventy-five percent of on-site sewage disposal systems constructed, modified or repaired by persons not registered under sections 701.053 to 701.055 for which notice of construction, repair or modification is given under sections 701.046 to 701.048 and 701.050.
4. A city, county or the department may accept certification without on-site inspection under sections 701.046 to 701.048 and 701.050, from a registered contractor not required to provide a performance bond under section 701.052, that a system is properly designed and installed, modified or repaired pursuant to the state standard.
(L. 1994 S.B. 446)
Missouri General Assembly